BIM Modeling Internship
What's the role?
Are you looking for an internship in a highly professional, innovative, and international company where you can gain exposure and experience in the field of BIM? Excellent, because we are constantly looking for motivated and dynamic interns that are eager to join our experienced and forward-thinking BIM Competence Center team and get to know Hilti as a company.
Who is Hilti?
Although you probably know Hilti from strong presence in the construction industry in 120 countries with 30,000 people you might not directly think of Hilti and a BIM Competence Center. We are a multi-national team of Project Managers, Lead Engineers, Lead Modelers, and Modelers to deliver professional BIM project services to our partners and country organizations.
We utilize the BIM method and technologies in a highly practical way and act hereby as "Transformation partner" along with our renowned core competencies: MEP support systems, passive Fire-Protection, and Fastening Solutions. Located in the Netherlands with its advanced BIM market, strong network of collaboration partners, and universities we have the ideal base for a top-notch BIM Competence Center.
What does the role involve?
As an intern in BIM Competence Center you will be part of an international team working on innovative, real-life BIM project challenges. You will work closely with our experienced Hilti BIM Lead Modelers being responsible for:
1. Project Execution
- Setting up the project to serve best customer BIM requirements and relevant Hilti BIM Use-cases with guidance of BIM Lead Modeler
- Based on the “Framework” provided by the BIM Project manager, “Design” provided by BIM Lead Engineer, and “Task” provided by BIM Lead Modeler perform BIM Modelling & BIM Output Services
- Communicate to the BIM Lead Modeler when specific applications exceed the technical design provided
- Prepare search sets based on the provided “Clash Detection Matrix”, perform clash detection, group clashes and report them to the BIM Lead Modeler for resolution.
- Perform QA/QC continuously to deliver BIM Modeling & BIM Output services with high quality by following our workflow and customer requirements
- Export NWC & NWD of Hilti Model for further QA/QC by BIM Lead Engineer
- Print drawings from Revit for the delivery of the project
- Collaborate with other Modelers in case of simultaneous modeling in common environment
- Ensure proper documentation along the workflow
2. Administrative support
- Build & upgrade content for Hilti learning platform: review existing content and to re-do them in Articulate. Target is to make training content up to date, more interactive, beautified and harmonized (next to PPT, also videos, quiz etc.)
- Extend marketing material: e.g. Create building/application renderings for marketing purposes
The start date is flexible and depending to your availablity with a duration for 3 to 12 months.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you the tools you need to excel in your internship, including one- to-one coaching. You’ll not just be another pair of hands but a fully integrated team member with lots of self-responsibility. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with strategic development discussions and career opportunities.
Why should you apply?
You will work on prestigious international projects and an essential contributor to the newly formed Hilti BIM service offer. We strive to make BIM scalable and you can be part of this transformation. You will do this with a diverse highly educated team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds, and experiences.
What you need is:
- Senior Undergrad or Master Student in Engineering disciplines, preferably structural / civil engineering or architecture
- Advanced Knowledge of Revit for assembly modeling, shop drawing/plan-view drawing production with annotation & measurements.
- Knowledge of Navisworks for coordination & clash detection. Solibri knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Dynamo for scripting. Any other programming knowledge is a plus.
- High learning agility and willingness to understand small details
- A strategic approach and good problem-solving skills
- Efficient oral and written communicator (English min. B2 level)
Are you the perfect match for this profile? We are looking forward to seeing your resume and motivation letter by applying via the ‘click now’ button. Do you have any questions, contact Recruitment via firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receive your application!