Global Management Trainee Program - Finance Track
What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. Unconsciously you most probably will deal with us; at home, at school or at work and perhaps also in the building where you are right now. Hilti is in fact an (international) partner in the construction sector in the area of technologically leading products, software and services. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. Currently we have more than 230.000 customer contacts per day with more than 30.000 colleagues spread over 120 countries. The worldwide success of our family business is due to the fact that we implement the dream of our founder Martin Hilti - "I want to build an enterprise with entrepreneurs, where people can grow and develop." - on a daily basis.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other. Over a two-year period we’ll prepare you for a global leadership career by putting you at the center of our customer-focused business model. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll coach and mentor you while broadening you experience through a range of international tasks and an impactful social project. The program is split into four main stages of work:
12 months as an account manager in the country where you apply. You’ll get hands-on experience and a deep insight into the core of our business – our customers, products, services and software
2 months on a local accounting project in your home country.
4 months on a regional financial project in the regional headquarters.
6 months on a strategic financial project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
- Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
- Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
- Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
- Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
Why should you apply?
Hilti is worldwide market leader as a supplier of construction. We are proud of our name and the people who realize this. Hilti has an interesting mix of employees with different backgrounds. We believe that this diversity ensures that our teams are livelier, more innovative and more productive. A background in (international) construction is not the most important, it's about the right 'cultural fit'. In our eyes, success is the result of teamwork, drive and ability, regardless of someone’s background.
What you need is:
- You hold a master’s degree (economics, business administration, international management, engineering or finance)
- You’ve spent at least three months, and up to two years, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You are native Dutch! But you are fluent in English and more – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re mature and assertive, curious and committed. You’re a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
As part of your interview process, we’ll take you on a day-in-the-life ‘field ride’ to give you a feel for our business and the caliber of our people. Once you have passed the interviews, we’ll pay for your travel to the assessment center.
Are you excited? We would like to receive your resume and motivation letter. If you want to stand out, please do! We invite you to add your personalized pitch (a small film, say max. 2 minutes) about yourself. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Do you want to know more or do you have questions about this program? Then contact Kim van der Meer +31 683 2914 40.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
“I don’t have a sales background and, when I went to my careers fair, most companies only wanted to speak to you if you had the right experience. Hilti were completely open-minded. They were more interested in me than in which degree I was doing.”