International BIM Lead Engineer
What's the role?
Are you driven by providing great solutions? Do you know how to develop standards and scale them up in an international environment? Do you want to perform on prestigious European projects? Then we are delighted if you are considering to join our team at the BIM Competence Center!
Who is Hilti?
Although you probably know Hilti from a strong presence in the construction industry in 120 countries with 30,000 people you might not directly think of Hilti and a BIM Competence Center. We are a multi-national team of project managers, lead engineers and modellers to deliver professional BIM project services to our partners and country organizations.
We utilize the BIM method and technologies in a highly practical way and act hereby as "Transformation partner" along with our renowned core competencies: MEP support systems, passive Fire-Protection and Fastening Solutions. Located in the Netherlands with its advanced BIM market, a strong network of collaboration partners and universities we have the ideal base for a top-notch BIM Competence Center.
What does the role involve?
As International BIM Lead Engineer of the BIM Competence Center, you are responsible for delivering professional Design services to European markets and their projects. You are embedded in a strong workflow amongst Project Managers and BIM Modelers to:
- Based on the customer requirements create “design core & design specifics” that serves as the BIM Design guideline for the BIM Modelers;
- Collaborate with the BIM Project Manager and actively join engineering meetings with all parties involved to coordinate an optimal MEP fastening and firestop solution;
- Focus on value engineering and ensure adherence to relevant Hilti/ BIM standards or European regulations;
- Engineering of complete Hilti fastening/protection applications using Hilti proprietary software (PROFIS suite) or R-stab + ensures proper engineering documentation.
Role of Expertise:
- Serve as Hilti’s technical conscience on all projects where you are involved;
- Train local market BIM Engineers on the project, or via BIM Lead Engineering masterclass;
- Develop BIM standards, guidelines and establish excellent working material to implement this in the BIM community of Hilti;
- Actively provide input and serve as a sparring partner for colleagues tasked with further developing our BIM engineering services and software;
- Establish excellent working relationships with fellow members of the BIM Competence Center and functional counterparts in HAG and regions.
What do we offer?
Hilti will put trust in you, offering you the opportunity and setting to grow and develop. Being embedded in a team of BIM experts with clear roles bonded in a collaborative workflow can foster your interest and talent in BIM to the next level. In return we expect from our colleague's strong commitment and the right cultural fit, embracing change and the drive to move the business forward.
Why should you apply?
You will work on prestigious international projects and be the ambassador of Hilti’s developed BIM standards. We strive to make BIM scalable and you can be part of this transformation. You will do this together with a diverse highly educated team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. And not to forget, the Netherlands is a great place to work and live!
What you need is:
- Advanced (min. MSc.) degree in structural/civil/mechanical engineering with interest in MEP;
- Minimum of 5years post graduate experience of which at least two years of Engineering;
- Proven experience with engineering tools in structural or MEP design;
- Good understanding of MEP/ FP and Anchors is a plus;
- Understanding the correlation between technical and commercial aspects of engineering work and service offering;
- Efficient oral and written communicator (English min. B2 level);
- Of course, we expect you to be an excellent team player with a sense for the extra mile.
Are you the perfect fit for this job? Send your resume a short motivation letter to Sandra Charan, Recruiter of the BIM Competence Center firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”