International BIM Lead Modeler
What's the role?
Do you get excited by the idea to work on major, complex international projects such as data-centers, hospitals, or high-rise buildings? Are you driven by providing great solutions? Are you eager to develop standards within an international environment? Then we are delighted if you are considering joining our team of experts at the BIM Competence Center!
Who is Hilti?
Although you probably know Hilti from strong presence in the construction industry in 120 countries with 30,000 people you might not directly think of Hilti and a BIM Competence Center. We are a multi-national team of Project Managers, Lead Engineers, Lead Modelers, and Modelers to deliver professional BIM project services to our partners and country organizations.
We utilize the BIM method and technologies in a highly practical way and act hereby as "Transformation partner" along with our renowned core competencies: MEP support systems, passive Fire-Protection, and Fastening Solutions. Located in the Netherlands with its advanced BIM market, strong network of collaboration partners, and universities we have the ideal base for a top-notch BIM Competence Center.
What does the role involve?
As an International BIM Lead Modeler of the BIM Competence Center, you are responsible for delivering BIM modeling as a shared service to European markets and their projects. You are embedded in a strong workflow amongst Project Managers and Lead Engineers for;
- Set up projects to serve best customer BIM requirements and relevant Hilti BIM Use-cases
- Deliver our Modelling service (Aspect models, drawings, BOM, etc.) based on the conceptional studies (provided by the BIM Project Manager) and “Design” (provided by Lead Engineer) in collaboration with internal/external BIM Modelers by meeting the deadlines of the project schedule.
- Perform QA/QC continuously to deliver BIM Modeling & BIM Output services with high quality by following our workflow and customer requirements
- Perform clash detection, resolve clashes of Hilti discipline (MEP support, Firestop, Fastening) if compliant to provided technical design, and report other clashes to Lead Engineer
- Seek to optimize and automate your modeling activities as much as possible for lean execution of projects
Role of Expertise:
- Investigate developments regarding BIM within the industry to keep modeling workflow up to date
- Contribute to a professional, standardized portfolio of software supporting all modeling use-cases
- Ensure proper documentation along the workflow
- Train Regional Project Management Office (PMO) BIM Modelers on how to deliver charged Modeling services on BIM projects by following BIM Competence Center workflow and guidelines.
- Actively provide input and serve as a sparring partner for colleagues tasked with further developing our modeling services and software tools
- Establish excellent working relationships with fellow members of the BIM Competence Center and functional counterparts in HAG and Regional PMOs.
What do we offer?
Hilti will put trust in you, offering you an opportunity and setting to grow and develop. Being embedded in a team of BIM experts with clear roles bonded in a collaborative workflow can foster your interest and talent in BIM to the next level. In return we expect from our colleagues strong commitment and the right cultural fit, embracing change and the drive to move the business forward.
Why should you apply?
You will work on prestigious international projects and be the ambassador of Hilti’s developed BIM standards. We strive to make BIM scalable and you can be part of this transformation. You will do this together with a diverse highly educated team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. And not to forget, the Netherlands is a great place to work and live!
What you need is:
- A master’s degree in structural- or civil engineering or architecture with interest in MEP
- Minimum of three years of experience in BIM Modelling
- Good understanding and a strong interest in MEP/FP and Anchors
- Professional in Revit, Navisworks, and Dynamo. Solibri knowledge is a plus.
- A good understanding of the correlation between commercial and technical aspects of engineering work and service offering
- Efficient oral and written communicator (English min. B2 level)
We expect you to have a problem-solving and analytical mindset, next to empathy for working in a multicultural environment with a sense for the extra mile.
Are you the perfect fit for this job? We are looking forward to seeing your resume and motivation letter (click on the 'apply now' button). Do you want to gather more information or you have any questions based on the vacancy? Please contact Amy Pieterse, recruiter of the BIM Competence Center via 06 83 01 24 54 or email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!